Photometric Web Converter Overview
The Convert Tool allows you to modify the photometric web for a selected
file. The following options are available:
- Change the Photometric Type (e.g., Convert Type
C to Type B and vice versa)
- Change the photometric web by specifying a new
- Remove unwanted and/or unnecessary angles from
the photometric file.
- Change the luminaire testing position by applying
up to four aiming angles: Orient, Tilt, Roll and Spin.
- The candela precision used in the original file is used when converting the file. For example: If the candela values in the original file have (2) decimals of precision, the candela values in the converted will have (2) decimals of precision.
a photometric file will affect its performance in PTB as well as other
lighting software. Please make these changes with care, so as not to affect
the integrity of the photometric file.
Convert Tool Buttons
The buttons displayed at the right edge of the Convert Tool provide
the following functions:
- Ok - Completes the conversion process and closes
the Convert Tool. The photometric file will be displayed with a Save icon
in the Loaded Files list indicating its need to be saved. All open Tools
with the same file will be updated as well. Note:
If no conversions have been made, clicking Ok will not change the photometric
- Cancel - Cancels any modifications and closes
the Convert Tool.
- Refresh - Allows you to convert the photometric
file and refresh any corresponding tools using the loaded file. This functionality
allows you to see the effect of converting the file without committing
to any changes.
Subsequent conversions can be performed as
desired. Note: All conversions
are performed on the original file, conversion are not cumulative. For
example: You apply a 25-degree tilt and convert (Refresh). You now change
the tilt to 35-degrees. Since Convert always works with the original file,
the resultant converted file will have a 35-degree tilt applied, not 60
(25 + 35).
- Work On - Specify whether changes are made to
the original photometric file or to a copy. If the Copy option is selected,
the new photometric file name is called "Copy_OriginalName".
- Settings - Displays the Convert Settings dialog
allowing you to change some default specifications in the Convert Tool.
Convert Photometric Type and/or Angles
- Select this checkbox to modify the photometric web using a specified
photometric type and/or angle set.
Modify Luminaire Test Position -
Select this checkbox to change the aiming parameters for the luminaire.
The Photometric Type remains the same.